Monday, April 21, 2014

The Plan

I spoke with our nurse today and she said we have a few options. We can do the endometrial biopsy in May and the FET in June or EB in June and FET in July. We are leaning toward trying the biopsy this month. That way in case anything goes wrong (like we have to cancel the cycle for some reason) we would still have July to work with. I'm going to contact my consultant and my RI to get their opinions and go from there. If we end up doing the EB this month, they do it on CD 5-10 so it will be soon! I'm CD 3 now!!!

Sunday, April 20, 2014

CD1 is here but I'm glad to see the ole gal

She's here. I almost took a test this morning because my boobs were sooooo sore that it was making me nervous. Nervous because this was not a timed cycle so I wasn't on any medication to prevent a miscarriage. Luckily right before I was ready to pee on that stick, she was there. Yay!

So now I'm ready to contact our RE about our frozen embryos. In case it's been awhile since you've read about our story, we have 1 frosty of our own and 4 donated frosties. The idea is to schedule another endometrial biopsy the cycle prior to the FET to aid in implantation. We'd like to do the transfer during my summer break so we've got to figure out how to time everything out. We've never done a FET before so we're hoping to get some guidance with the timing tomorrow. I hope they're still there. It's been almost 2years since we "adopted" them but we weren't ready to do anything until we tried all of the immune treatments. Although they didn't work I still think I have issues with my body. If we do this donation transfer with immune treatments then we will know we did everything humanly possible to make this work.

Sunday, February 23, 2014

The new plan

Well she's here. AF came yesterday just like my the app on my phone predicted. I knew it was a long shot but I thought it just might work since I had the endometrial biopsy the month prior.

One really good thing did come out of all this though. At the beginning of this cycle, we were supposed to do one last IUI (because we still had quite a bit of Follistim left) but it got cancelled due to a leftover follicle. The RE thought that it would become the lead follicle and would ovulate before all the others. I decided to use OPKs just in case and ended up ovulating on CD 22. I knew this was late but stranger things have happened so I did everything possible to get pregnant including Prednisone and Lovenox since CD 6. Although our plan was to try another IUI before moving on, Brad said we could move on without doing another IUI now. We're finally done with all of this and I couldn't be more thrilled.

So the new plan is to do a FET this summer. We have 5 frozen embryos: one is our genetic baby, the others are donated. We've had them for a couple of years but we were waiting to get my body "fixed' so I wouldn't kill them too. Now I'm starting to wonder if I can get pregnant and carry any babies but the only way to find out is to try somebody else's. I want to do another endometrial biopsy just to help a little with implantation the month prior to transfer. I've never done a FET before so any suggestions about the process would be great. If I want to do it either in June or July, when should I start the process?

I don't care anymore if this child is genetically mine. I want to be pregnant and with donated embryos hopefully that dream can come true. But more importantly I want to be a mother. If this is the way Brad and I get to be parents then it's the right way. And if we want to try for our own again later after we've already become parents, we can. My prayer is that I'll get pregnant with twins, one that is my own and one adopted!

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Waiting to O

It's CD 20 and I'm still waiting to ovulate. I've had some CM the last couple of days but my OPK is still negative. Normally I don't try to get pregnant with TI on a non-medicated cycle but I hated to waste that super fertile endometrial biopsy I did last month. So I talked to my consultant and she suggested to start my Prednisone and Lovenox back up just in case it does work. I also will take my progesterone this cycle if I would ever ovulate. My question to you girls is how many of you have gotten pregnant with late ovulation? I would love to hear some success stories. I'll keep you posted if I get a smiley face soon! :)

Monday, January 20, 2014

A follicle on CD 3?

I'm wondering if this has happened to any of you and I'm sure it has.

I went back to my RE today for my E2 level and clearing ultrasound. The nurse said I had a follicle and I think she said it was a 10x12? I asked her how could I already have a follicle when I just started my period and she said it was leftover from my last injectable cycle in November. What? I didn't know you could have leftover follicles. I knew you could have cysts due to the medication. I thought we were checking for cysts, not follicles. She said it might be ok to go forward and they could just watch it but it would depend on my E2 level.

I got a call later this afternoon from the PA so right away I knew it was bad news. She said my estrogen level was too high which probably means that follicle will grow too fast and won't give the others from the Follistim a chance to catch up. When we did our Clomid round with IUI, the same thing happened where one lead follicle messed up the chances for the others because it was so much bigger. We went ahead with the IUI, even though we regretted it later.
We are canceling this cycle. :(

My biggest concern about having to wait is my LAD test. We went to Mexico for LIT in August (our second trip) to get my levels up from 5.2 to 70 so my body will make the necessary antibodies to protect my embryo. This treatment typically lasts 4-6 months so we could be at the end or near the end.

I'm going to email my consultant and ask her opinion. If it were up to me I'd say forget this crap and do donated embryos and then it won't matter if our LIT is over and then we'd also know the embryos are good quality. But I don't know for sure if that's the right decision. I truly think I am saying that just to protect myself at this moment. This is hard. March marks our 7 year date. I thought this would all be over by now but it just never ends.


Thursday, December 12, 2013