Monday, June 30, 2014

BFN and Why I Haven't Told You About It Yet

Sorry that it has taken me so long to keep you in the loop. I've been dealing with some major personal problems unrelated to infertility and that has taken precedence over anything else. Don't worry, I'm ok and my husband and family are fine. I'm seeing a therapist to help me deal with everything but let's just say it has shaken my world. The good news is this particular situation has made me very thankful for everything God has given me. No, He hasn't chosen to make me a mother but He has given me a loving husband, wonderful family, a job that I love and so much more. I am trying to use a terrible situation to see how good He is to me. I don't think I will ever take the "whoa is me" approach to infertility again.

So anyway..... I tested on 12dp5dt and got a BFN so I knew I was out. I think I tested one more time a few days later but I really don't remember since that is around the time I received the terrible news I wrote about earlier. Regardless, it didn't work. I started my period on the day of the beta so I never went to get it done. I didn't want to put myself through that with everything else I was dealing with.

I called my RE the day I started (June 24) and they said to discontinue the Estrace then start back on the Estrace on Friday (June 27) for my next cycle. We have 4 donated embryos so the plan is to check my E2 and P4 levels on July 8 and if all looks good the ultrasound will be on July 14th with the transfer on the 15th. We are thawing out 1 straw of 2 embryos and if they both make it we will transfer those 2 and keep the other 2 frozen to save for later. If this actually works then we will have 2 for a sibling. If it doesn't work (and let's all be honest, it probably won't with my history), then we will have another shot.

So that's the plan. I am excited because donated embryos are new to us and might just be what makes this work. I'll try to do better about keeping you guys updated now that I'm doing a little better. After the new has worn off  I may even write about what I'm going through. I'm just not ready yet.


7 comments:

  1. so glad you have found an appropriate avenue for your feelings, Lynds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying that the peace that surpasses all understanding calms and comforts you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you lots of hugs and love, Lyndsey. I'm praying this cycle is YOUR cycle because you deserve it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynds - I am so sorry. Whatever "it" may be I am sorry that you are dealing with it. Donor Eggs are promising and praying its just what you need. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear your BFN update and that you've had a rough road as of late. However, very hopeful that the donor embryos could be the thing that brings you two your baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry. For everything, infertility related and non-infertility related. Hang in there and know that people think of you and are praying for you. You are not alone. We are here if and when you're ready to share. In the meantime, so hopeful for the donor embryos -- they might just be what is meant to be. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking of you, my dear. You will find a way through this. Remember that you are not alone.

    ReplyDelete