Saturday, September 14, 2019

Mock Cycle Begins

It's not been easy since the failed transfer. When I take Graham to his favorite hangout, the splash pad, all he wants to do is play with the other kids and I wonder if he will get that chance to have a baby brother or sister. I know only children are just fine but I wanted that for him. And honestly I wanted that for me and his daddy too. I'm trying to trust that God knows what's best for our family but it's still very hard.

Our RE called and said everything seemed perfect so since we only have one embryo left he suggested an ERA. This is a genetic test that determines the exact time to transfer the embryo according to your endometrial lining. You do what's called a mock cycle where you take all of the meds exactly like you would in an embryo transfer but instead of transferring you do the test. So Katie has been on birth control for a while and today she started shots!

They are estimating the test to fall sometime in the middle of October. Then we will be ready to go right into the real transfer cycle as we wait for the results. I can't say I'm completely ready. I'm still grieving from the failed transfer but I am 41 so I feel like going ahead with it is probably best. We are hoping the timing works out so that we will transfer in the middle of December but it could be January due to the holidays. Please pray that the test will show us something and that a newborn baby will enter this world next year!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're checking this! ERAs are becoming a big thing now. Is your doctor also going to do a scratch with it? Mine had said there's no scientific proof of it working, but while he's in there, it can't hurt to do it. Praying for you Mama. My feelings were so similar to yours during that wait for the last transfer. Sending you a hug.

    ReplyDelete