Sunday, August 5, 2012

Allyson Paige Davis

We finally named our baby we just lost. It's not that we weren't wanting to. It's just that with our other two pregnancies we named them as soon as we found out. Both times we didn't think the baby would die so we figured naming them early was fine. This time wasn't the same. Although we were certainly hopeful for this pregnancy to continue, we also knew that with our track record it might not. So we didn't name the baby while I was pregnant.

When I was a little girl, I always named my Barbies and Cabbage Patch Kids Allyson. And yes, she needs a y because her mommy has a y in her name that most people don't either. When I asked Brad what girl names he liked he mentioned Allyson. So Allyson it is. No we don't know she was a girl. We don't know the other two were boys either. I guess if we get to Heaven one day and find out she's a boy, we'll call her Al!

We love you Allyson! We don't understand why you couldn't stay here with us but Jesus needed you there with him. One of my favorite sayings is, " Jesus, we didn't get to put our children on our lap and tell them all about You so now can You put them on Your lap and tell them all about us?" I pray He will. If He does He'll tell you about how much you were loved even before we made you and about how much you were wanted. The week I was pregnant with you was one of the best weeks of my life. We miss you sweet girl.

My favorite quote of all time is "Never regret something that once made you smile." We don't regret one minute of this journey so far.

1 comment: