Sunday, February 23, 2014

The new plan

Well she's here. AF came yesterday just like my the app on my phone predicted. I knew it was a long shot but I thought it just might work since I had the endometrial biopsy the month prior.

One really good thing did come out of all this though. At the beginning of this cycle, we were supposed to do one last IUI (because we still had quite a bit of Follistim left) but it got cancelled due to a leftover follicle. The RE thought that it would become the lead follicle and would ovulate before all the others. I decided to use OPKs just in case and ended up ovulating on CD 22. I knew this was late but stranger things have happened so I did everything possible to get pregnant including Prednisone and Lovenox since CD 6. Although our plan was to try another IUI before moving on, Brad said we could move on without doing another IUI now. We're finally done with all of this and I couldn't be more thrilled.

So the new plan is to do a FET this summer. We have 5 frozen embryos: one is our genetic baby, the others are donated. We've had them for a couple of years but we were waiting to get my body "fixed' so I wouldn't kill them too. Now I'm starting to wonder if I can get pregnant and carry any babies but the only way to find out is to try somebody else's. I want to do another endometrial biopsy just to help a little with implantation the month prior to transfer. I've never done a FET before so any suggestions about the process would be great. If I want to do it either in June or July, when should I start the process?

I don't care anymore if this child is genetically mine. I want to be pregnant and with donated embryos hopefully that dream can come true. But more importantly I want to be a mother. If this is the way Brad and I get to be parents then it's the right way. And if we want to try for our own again later after we've already become parents, we can. My prayer is that I'll get pregnant with twins, one that is my own and one adopted!

6 comments:

  1. I think this plan sounds perfect! Will you do another ivig before fet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so but I won't know until I test again and see what my numbers look like. Brad is apprehensive about doing a pre-conception infusion but I say we should. If we do everything we know to do to make it the best possible environment then we won't have any regrets if it doesn't work.

      Delete
  2. Love is universal. If you are excited and hopeful about this decision and plan, I say, "Go for it!" And, I wish you well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get pregnant with twins too! The last FET I did was natural (no progesterone shots) so we just went off of my cycle and did a HCG trigger shot just to have a little control over things, so it was pretty easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for your FET! Yay!!! If you want, I have all of my FET calendars tabbed on my blog. You're welcome to check them out. I too have some autoimmune stuff going on and used dexamethasone and Lovenox the entire cycle (still on both and currently weaning off the dex). FET#3 is the one that worked if it's any help to view the calendars. Wishing you all the luck in the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I looked at your calendars and they were so helpful. I hope it turns out as well for me as it did you!

      Delete