Tuesday, August 2, 2011

3 choices

So the actual doctor called me today! He first told me how sorry he was that it didn't work. He said after over 25 years he still lays awake at night wondering why perfectly good cycles don't work. He also said that so much is still out of our control which we all know is true. He told me the eggs were good quality for my age and so were the embryos so everything went well. I just didn't get pregnant. :(

Next he went over 3 choices for our next steps. One option is to transfer the one frozen emby and see if it works. He explained that frosties don't have good success rates when compared to fresh but it could work. Second option would be to try another fresh and hopefully we'd produce enough to freeze some to put with the one we already have. Then if the fresh worked we could use those later. If it didn't work then we'd have more than one frozen to transfer the next time. The third option is to try another round of injectables and not do IVF at all. He said now that we know the egg/embryo quality, we may not have to spend all this money to get pregnant after all. The downside with that is you don't know what's going on during those cycles. You don't know if the egg is getting fertilized or the quality of the embryo. You also can't control how many you fertilize, example Jon and Kate.

So we had already decided we wanted to try the frozen transfer so he said we can call on CD 1 whenever we are ready. Although I'm happy the IVF cycle went well, I almost wish something would go wrong so we could fix it.

2 comments:

  1. I definitely understand almost wanting something to be wrong so you can fix it. I have seen so many ladies be successful with their FETs after failed fresh cycles. I think it's less stress on the body. Wishing you lots of luck. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I hope that little strong one is the one but at this point I doubt it. I hate to give up hope but it's just easier. I know you get that.

    ReplyDelete