Sunday, May 13, 2012

Another Mother's Day Gone By

Well I'm like most of you. Hoping this would be my first Mother's Day either with a baby or at least a growing one inside me. But yet again, here I sit-motherless. I am SUPER thankful to still have my own mother. I know a lot of people don't have their mothers and I have one of the best ones around. I know there will be a day when she's gone and I will regret these days of feeling sorry for myself and not embracing this holiday. It's hard to do though. We went to church. Normally we sit this one out (along with Father's Day) but we had nursery duty. You can see the service on the tv in the classrooms and of course today was Baby Dedication. 13 of them to be exact. The lady helping us was like, "Ooooo! Turn this up. I want to watch this!" So I excused myself to the bathroom. Later we took Brad's mom to Cracker Barrel where I saw children bring their moms flowers and where the waitress asked if we needed a kid's menu. We sat down at the table where I cried and had Brad orde my drink for me. Soooooo glad this day is over. I REALLY hope next year is a real Mother's Day but after 5 years, I seriously doubt it.

3 comments:

  1. New reader here... Sorry that your day kept getting more intense! Big hugs to you and hoping next Mother's Day is your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last Mother's Day I felt the same way! Now I've got my twins, which I am sooo thankful for (and still shocked!) Dr. A. WILL help you get pregnant! Don't give up!

    ReplyDelete