Sunday, September 29, 2013

One step closer

I didn't post about our second LIT trip to Mexico because it was basically the same as before. Everything except for we didn't eat at the Mexican restaurant because it's gross and we received a triple dose instead of just the double. Our friends went back with us that were there the first time and I received a singe dose of her husband while she had a single dose of Brad! There was also one other couple there for their 3rd round. Ugh! We were really hoping we didn't need a third trip.

Luckily it has been long enough after the second round to get my blood drawn and the results are back! My LAD went from 5.2 to 73.7!!!!! The AEB Center likes for this number to be 50 so I did great on this one. This is what the Mexico trip was for so it definitely worked. So glad we went and did the triple dose that second round.

My t-reg was also good at 2.3. They like to see 0.7 or greater on this one so I 'm good there too. As of right now, we don't need any more LIT treatments for now. Yay!

Now for the bad news. LIT doesn't usually work for your elevated NK cells or cytokines so those are still too high. It brought them down a little bit but they are still too high so the fix is either IVIG or Humira. I have emailed our consultant, Karen Pace, with Conceivable Solutions to get her opinion on the two choices. IVIG is of course the clear choice if it were free but it's outrageously expensive so we would rather not do that unless we have to. Not only is it expensive but you must be hooked up to an IV for 4 to 5 hours for each infusion. It would be way easier to just take shots of Humira but we don't know if that is enough to combat my baby killing body! I have an online friend whose NK and cytokine levels are comparable to mine and she just took Predinosone prior to pregnancy and throughout the entire pregnancy. She now has a healthy son who is 8 weeks old.

So now we have to decide which path to take. According to my cycle app on my phone, we have around 25 days to figure out what we are doing. IVIG expensive infusions, Humira to suppress my immune system or Prednisone to combat the inflammation. We're getting closer to our baby!!!!!

13 comments:

  1. I was just thinking about you! Glad to see your update. So many decisions. I suck at decisions. I hope you are better at pulling the trigger on what you feel is best! 25 days away. That is really exciting! Good luck girlie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I've been keeping up with you. Maybe we can be preggers together!

      Delete
  2. So wishing and praying the best for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to hear about your 2nd trip! That is so exciting that your numbers went up! Hope you are doing well! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wondering about you two. How did things go?

      Delete
    2. We did another round of IVF in September and it was a BFN, The doctor had no answers. Everything was in line for it to work- good embryos, lining, hormone levels, all of it. I think we are going to use up our frozen embryos and if that doesn't work, we may be done... I'm worn out!

      But I blogged through this whole past cycle and plan to continue- thank to you ladies :)

      My blog is http://2daymightbetheday.blogspot.com

      I am so excited to hear how things go for you and hoping our little frozen embryos (at least one) will make it.

      Delete
    3. Oh no! :( I'm so sorry. It's frustrating when the doctors say they aren't sure what is going on. I'll read your blog and see if there is anything else they have told us that maybe they haven't told you so maybe your FET will be the one.Love and prayers.

      Delete
  4. Hi Lyndsey! I'll be sure to keep you in my thoughts! I'm Heather and I was just wondering if you could answer a question about your blog! If you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com I would greatly appreciate it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, there! So, I was really behind on my reading, and was just catching up on what was going on with you! Sounds exciting, and as always, I'll be praying! May I ask a question? What do you mean, you received a dose of your friend's husband and she, yours?! Sorry, I'm confused! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry it's taken me months to reply. I'm a bad blogger! For some reason when you do LIT, it helps to also receive a donor's white blood cells along with your husband's. So I got 8 injection of Brad's and 4 injections of my friend's husband's. I don't have a clue why they say to do it but heck it worked so who cares right? :)

      Delete
  6. Hi,

    I am planning on doing this in Mexico throught Alan Beers Center. Has this worked for you at all. I can't seem to carry past 6 weeks for the last 5 years now. I just want to make sure it is really safe to do LIT in mexico.

    Thank you,

    Shalin

    ReplyDelete