Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Baby steps

Little by little, this baby making process is moving along....

We apparently misunderstood the treatment plan we were given by the RI. It wasn't IVIG or Humira. What they meant was use Humira for a month, test to see how it's working and if it is, then do one IVIG. The other option they gave us was to do one IVIG then a week or two later, do another IVIG. We had another consulting phone call via facetime with Karen Pace and she explained everything. After speaking with her for about an hour, we decided on a compromise of Prednisone and one IVIG. I contacted the AEB Center and they agreed that it was ok to do that! Yay!

So the next step is to contact companies who administer IVIG through a home health care nurse. Because I am a teacher and cannot spend my entire day on my cell phone, my DH called them for me.  (I just love him!) So he found a place in Knoxville that is contracted with my insurance. I left a message this afternoon with the AEB Center to let them know which one we are going to try to use. Hopefully I will hear from them tomorrow and they will send my orders so we can figure out how much this is going to cost us. Ugh. If insurance covers any of this I would be shocked. But after all we have spent this far it almost seemed crazy to go small at this point.

I did start on my 10mg of Prednisone tonight, they called in my Lovenox which I will begin on CD6 of my next cycle. I'm on CD 16 of my current cycle so I've still got a little time to get this all figured out. This is one time I'm thankful for long cycles.  If we can get these crazy infusions set up we will be good to go! It's starting to get a little exciting!!!!!:)

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like good things ahead. It is so nice knowing someone else that is going through similar treatment. I am cheering you on and hoping insurance covers your IVIG. If not all, at least partial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is exciting Lyndsey! You and Brad are still in my prayers, thank you for the up date. I hate asking, but I think about you all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingers crossed you get the IVIG covered. Sounds like you enough time to figure things out and that it will all line up perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Praying this all resolves itself in a timely fashion. Sounds like you've got it all covered.

    ReplyDelete