Thursday, November 21, 2013

BFN

It didn't work. I had all these plans to document every step of this cycle but when I got to the first follicle scan and I only had 2 on the right, none on the left, I got very discouraged. By the second ultrasound one was measuring 25mm and the other 13mm so neither one was very good. I got a positive OPK the day of that last scan so I had to go in for the IUI the next morning. Now that I am looking back, I should've said no thanks and went with TI but we went ahead with it.

My breasts started to feel very sore on Friday morning three days before the scheduled beta. When I got home from school, I took a test-negative. Maybe it's still too early? Took another on Saturday, then Sunday-negative. At this point I'm starting to believe it didn't work but my boobs start to hurt worse so you start to think maybe all those FRERs are wrong. Well they weren't. I started on Tuesday.

The good news is that I was able to go for an ultrasound today and start my Follistim for our next cycle. I want to put that last one behind me and focus on making descent follicles this time. This will probably be our last attempt. If this doesn't work we may try a FET next.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Lyndsey I am so sorry and sad to hear this!
    I will be praying for lots of amazing follicles on this next cycle. This next cycle is going to be the one that works :)
    Hugs to you and your hubby.
    Much love! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry. You guys have been through so much and you keep plugging along. It's amazing. I hope the follistim gives you healthy ripe follies for baby making! Big hug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry Lindsey. I admire your resolve to keep going though, and I am happy to hear you have frozen embryos for an FET if that's where the road leads you. I do hope this Follisitim cycle works though! Now that you have a solid immune protocol, it could be all the difference in the world for this next cycle to take hold or to finally have that successful FET. Sending you hugs dear. I know those BFN's sting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have so much hope for you on this cycle and just know you will have some nice follies!

    ReplyDelete