Sunday, November 3, 2013

IVIG and follicle tracking

It has been a busy week both in the infertility world and teaching world! On Wednesday I went for my first IVIG infusion in Nashville. I still haven't heard if I will get any insurance coverage or not so it was cheaper to go to the facility instead of having a home health care nurse come to me to administer it. My mom went with me since Brad was out of town. Everything went great! The people at Coram are awesome and I couldn't have asked for a better nurse.
My appointment was at 10:00 in Nashville. We only got lost a little! It's not that it was hard to find, it's that my mom and I have no sense of direction whatsoever. 

It's time! I was getting nervous that it was going to start to make me sick soon but it never did. So blessed!




All done with the IVIG. Now for the water solution. 




My nurse, Mary. She was so awesome and made this experience a pleasant one.




So the infusion was on Wednesday, October 30. Halloween was the next day and since I'm a teacher taking the following day off isn't an option. Luckily I never did feel bad from the infusion. I felt a little sick at lunch on Thursday but I think it's because I didn't hydrate or eat enough the day after. Just so you can see why I needed to go to school, here's a pic!
My assistant and me, the chicken and the egg! Notice how I even incorporate eggs in my costumes!
I went to my RE on Friday afternoon for a follicle tracking ultrasound. I was a little disappointed when I only had 2 on the right and several on the left that were too small to even measure. I usually do much better on Clomid than that but it is what it is. They told me to take OPKs this weekend to make sure we didn't miss ovulation. Luckily they were negative so we are going back for another scan tomorrow. Hopefully the two on the right will be ready soon and I can trigger. I will keep you updated!
My stupid left side is always a slacker. 



3 comments:

  1. This made me smile so big. I am LOVING the chicken and egg costumes. haha! Glad the IVIg went well and that follies are a brewin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so hopeful for you on this cycle and very excited to see how your follies have grown today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like your cycle is going well so far!

    ReplyDelete