Sunday, June 7, 2015

Baby Steps Toward Adoption

So I convinced my husband to take some adoption pictures for our profile book!

I am a teacher and have the months of June and July off so I thought this would be a great time to start compiling pictures of us to put in the book. I made a folder on my computer a few months ago and noticed that most of the ones I have are iPhone pics which are fine but not very high quality for something of this magnitude. I realize that not all of them need to be nice pictures but I wanted some for the cover to be super nice. After all, the cover is the first thing a birth mother sees and I wanted her to look at our's and think, "Wow! This couple looks so nice and loving. Let me take a look and see what their story's about." That's how I imagine it anyway...

I've known this photographer for years. I had her first daughter in my class over 7 years ago and she gave me a free photo session as my end of the year gift. At the time I told her I wanted to wait and take them when I got pregnant or have her do the newborn session. As the years passed by without a pregnancy that was sustainable, I decided to finally take her up on the gift she so graciously offered. And it really means more to me now than it would've then. Now it's pictures that not only represent where we are in this journey but represent how much more love we feel for each other because of the journey. No matter what happens from this point on, I will treasure these memories forever. I am so grateful to have this opportunity to share my life with someone so precious. God has truly blessed me as a wife.

She is finished with editing about half of the photos. I will share just a few for now.




Our plan is to get the book finished this summer, move about when school starts (great timing, I know) and begin the home study process after Christmas in our new home. We are using Faithful Adoption Consultants out of Atlanta. I have a phone consultation with them on Tuesday to get the process started. Any advice on how to navigate this would be appreciated. I know how to do the infertility and pregnancy loss thing, but not the adoption thing! I am so excited to finally be ready to concentrate on being a mom instead of being pregnant. After all you are only pregnant for 9 months. You're a mom forever.

5 comments:

  1. This gives me goosebumps!! I am so excited for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures are gorgeous! This is so so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your positivity! Congratulations on taking these steps toward your family <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking about you guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I apologize for not writing in so long but I don't have much to say. I am still waiting on January to get here! Guess I should update anyway.
      :)

      Delete