Sunday, October 8, 2017

Sunday Mourning into Restoration

God is always with us if we are Christians, but there are moments when He is so real that you feel like He is sitting right beside you. That was me this morning at church. They sang a song this morning that said, "mourning turned to dancing" and "death was arrested and new life begins." Now I know the song was talking about death to your old self and new life in Christ and how He can turn your mourning in sin into dancing in Him. But I couldn't help but think He sang that right to me. That death was arrested (my miscarriage babies) and new life begins. I am trusting that God will allow this new life to grow and be born in May. I feel like He was trying to tell me today that it's exactly what He's doing for us.

The next song said "Your Word unfailing, Your promise unshaken, all my hope is in You." It was a repetitive song and so every time we got to this part, I wanted to sing it at the top of my lungs but I couldn't through my tears. God gave me the promise in His Word all those years ago, even before we knew we would have trouble starting this family. I am so thankful.

The preacher then gave some very powerful passages from His Word:

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight.

I have this verse memorized as most of you may, but there was that "lean not on your own understanding" part that really hit me today. I don't understand why we had to go through all of this. Why couldn't God have just given us that first baby 10 years ago and the other two since? He could have but He chose not to and I will never understand why. But I do know that once this sweet baby is born, we will never wish that our own plans would have worked out. This was the baby meant for our family and I have to trust this path.

1Peter 5:10
And the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will Himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.

We have suffered a little while. No one would say we haven't. But He is restoring us and making us strong, firm and steadfast. And who wouldn't want God to do that for them? He is keeping His promises from His Word all those years ago and will continue to speak to us in this same way as we try to navigate this thing called parenting! I pray I will always look to Him and His Word for restoration.

No comments:

Post a Comment