Thursday, February 16, 2012

Blessings in Disguise

I was eating my lunch at school Monday morning and saw a missed call from my mom. After listening to her voice mail, I saw the saved call from my doctor last Friday. I had already listened to the message. I was specifically listening for the changed dosage of Follistim when I heard the message for the first time. On Monday I decided to listen one more time before I deleted it.

As I listened it said,"....and your trigger shot will be on Sunday night." WHAT? I hadn't taken that shot last night. For some reason I had it in my head that I was not doing any shots Sunday, trigger on Monday and retrieval Tuesday morning. I really don't know why I even thought that though. Last time I did trigger, rest day then retrieval. I had three calendars that said the right days. Now I was panicking.

I called the nurse and she talked to the doctor about what happened. He said it was a good thing I caught it because if I had taken it Monday night and came in Tuesday, there would've been no eggs to get. So now I was triggering Monday night, resting Tuesday and retrieving Wednesday. I was glad I didn't totally screw the whole thing up but I wasn't convinced things were going to go well because of my careless mistake. It's weird that I even did something like this at all because I'm so anal about this whole process. Checking my calendars 5 times a day! So how did this happen? I believe God knows how.

Brad was super sweet during this whole ordeal. Monday night he said we should go out to eat because I didn't need to cook. That was a great idea except I wasn't going to miss giving that trigger again! He said we'd just take it with us in a cooler. So we gave my trigger shot in the Ruby Tuesday parking lot! He's such a supportive husband.

Retrieval day went well. I thought maybe they'd go in and find zero because of my mistake, but they got 8! That is probably close to what they would've gotten had I not messed up because several of them were measuring 10 last Friday. Disaster averted!

So now it's Thursday morning and they just called with a fertilization report. All 8 of my eggs were fertilized!!!!!!! The nurse said,"Remember when the doctor said everything happens for a reason? Well I think he was right. You did better this time than last time!"

He's right. Everything does happen for a reason. There was a reason my mom left that message Monday morning. There was a reason I messed up the schedule. I'm not saying I believe God allowed all this to happen because this definitely is our time. But I do know this wasn't by accident. Hopefully all of this will be our blessing(s) in disguise. We'll transfer Saturday or Monday. Keep those prayers coming. I'll try to show up for transfer on the right day. ;)

2 comments:

  1. That is so amazing. God's schedule-not our, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!! That is so awesome!!!! Keep growing babies. Your momma needs some strong embies! Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete