Friday, February 10, 2012

An egg hunt for Valentine's!

I have 12 follicles and my lining was great! My retrieval is Tuesday but we aren't sure about the transfer date yet. If we do a 3 day, it will be Friday. They may try to push them to blast and if so, transfer will be Sunday. I have mixed feelings about pushing them. Blasts are much stronger and give us the best chance for implantation and pregnancy. But there is a chance they will try to push them and none of them will live to day 5. Last time we did a 3 day with 2 embryos and they pushed the rest to blast. Only one of those embryos made it and that's the one that we froze. I'm just scared all of them will die and we'll be left with nothing. I guess all we can do is trust the doctor's judgement and pray. Oh by the way did anyone watch the Today Show this morning? There was an infertility segment about a couple who use the same facility we do. They showed a short interview with Dr. Scheiber which is who we saw this morning. Pretty cool!

One of the questions we wanted answered today was the possibility of transferring three embryos instead of two. I explained that we've done countless IUIs with both Clomid and injectables plus our IVF this summer and I've responded beautifully to all these meds BUT none of it works. Our thought was if we transferred two and got none, maybe transferring three would yield one. Basically he said if you're under 35 (I'll be 34 on April 3)they only do 2 unless the embryo quality is poor. He said you really don't want babies born at 26 weeks in the NICU. I had to agree with that. I just want it to work. :(

Our other question was if they would prescribe Lovenox for my clotting disorder should I become pregnant. He said that was actually in my folder to discuss. Last time they weren't so sure if I needed them, that aspirin might be enough but I wasn't convinced or ok with taking that chance. He said I will take aspirin until the day of a positive beta then start on the shots the following day should the test be positive. I will never be so happy to stick myself for 9 months! All in all a wonderful day!

5 comments:

  1. Great news! But to encourage you, please know that we spent 7 weeks in NICU, and God answered prayers there too! You will be an amazing Mom even if there is a NICU stay! I am so happy for you and Brad! Praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I didn't see that on tv! I'll have to go look for it online.
    It sounds like you're doing amazingly this cycle!! I know what you mean, we only did a 3 day transfer. I had very few embies though. I hope you have lots! And great quality ones! For me, they transferred 3, but one of them wasn't any good anyway. Keeping you in my thoughts in the coming days!!!!

    Grr it's not letting my use my wordpress account http://lisabttc.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope everything is going as planned! Praying for awesome news!

    My blog is private now. I deleted my FB page. If you would like to view my blog, can you send me your email address? Mine is baby4lisa@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't blame you Lisa. I promise never to post anything that I wouldn't want said to me. Email: davislyndsey@k12tn.net

    ReplyDelete