Sunday, February 26, 2012

Hanging out in the 2ww!

Hey guys! Sorry it's taken me so long to post. Well my 8 embryos grew to day 5 and they picked out my two best ones to transfer on President's Day. The two they chose were one stage until blast and two stages until blast. The doctor said they have until day 6 so it was OK they weren't quite there yet but it still made me nervous. The transfer went well and they said they would call about the rest of them growing to blast to freeze.

They called on Tuesday with the news that none of my other embabies made it to blast. This news was so devastating. Not only was I sad that no one made it but also that maybe the quality wasn't very good. I know they put the best two inside me but still. (I would post a picture of them but my iPad isn't allowing me to post any pics right now.)

This Friday, March 2, is my blood test date. I'm planning on driving to Knoxville that morning, working a half day at school, then taking the afternoon off just in case the news isn't good. I don't think hearing news like that would be very good around a bunch of 4-year-olds. That is, if I make it without AF until Friday. Last IVF I started on Tuesday when the test was on a Friday. Waiting is sooooooooooooooo hard. I bought three HPTs today and I'm trying to wait until Wednesday to take one. If I get a negative then it will help prepare me for Friday. If it's positive, it'll give me hope.

5 comments:

  1. Hang on Lyndsey. Waiting has got to be hard, but you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for a BFP for you!!! I didn't have any embabies make it to freeze, and my IVF worked...pregnant with a singleton!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I really really want this for you guys! Praying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jamie. I got super discouraged about no one making it so that really helps. Glad to know you're still doing well. I've been wondering about you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know it can work! I have lots of hope! Praying for you! I can't wait to see your BFP!!

    ReplyDelete