Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Love Letter

Dear embryos,

I have been your home for seven days now. I hope you two are finding things comfortable in there.:) My friend Jennifer told me that you liked pineapple core. She said it helps you dig in to my lining better so I ate some for you. It didn't taste good but as your mommy I would do anything for you even now. You two were my strongest babies at your first home so I just know you can make it in there. Just keep working hard to divide and develop.

In 5 days we will officially be mommy and babies. I have been trying to eat healthy foods for you and rest. I did clean our house on Friday. I hope that wasn't too much for you but there was so much cat hair. We have 4 cats and you will get to meet them. Tucker and Sophie are our inside cats so they will be your best buddies.

Your daddy and I have been trying to find your crib. We were originally looking for the Larkin but if both of you get to be our take home babies then we are going to get a cheaper crib at Pottery Barn Kids. When we were in Cincinnati your daddy drove to another town just so we could look at cribs and bedding for you. We didn't find anything at the outlet so we have been to two more stores and we found a beautiful crib for $300. We can get two of those for less money than one Larkin. I also found your boy bedding there. It's called Bradley, your daddy's name! Your girl bedding is from Land of Nod and it's called Rows and Rows of Roses. It's pink and brown. If we get both of you and one of each sex then I'll start again! It's so much fun planning for you.

We've also been discussing names for you with your Nana, Aunt Julie and Carrie & Nathan. Here's what we have so far:
Boys-
Graham Caleb (middle name from your brother in Heaven)
Parker Grant (middle name from your brother in Heaven)
Girls-
Kathryn Hope (middle name after your Nana's student in Heaven and hope throughout IF and RPL)
Allyson Faith(middle name for God's faithfulness throughout IF and RPL)
Kendall (haven't thought of a middle name for her yet because Grace sounds bad with Davis, but if you are two girls I wanted your names to both start with K)

We have some big news! One of your siblings grew into a blastocyst and has been frozen. He or she was a fighter just like the two of you! Once we are ready I can go back and get him/her transferred into mommy. We will wait until you are a couple of years old so that you can help us with your baby sister/brother!

Well I thought you would be curious about what we've been doing during your two week wait. No matter what happens next Friday please know we love you already and have all the faith and hope in the world that you are going to be our first take home babies.

I love you,
Mom

1 comment:

  1. Oh Lyndsey......This brought me to tears. I just know that you will be able to share this letter with them on earth. Love and prayers for you, your hubby and the Embys!

    ReplyDelete