Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Shots are over! (for now anyway)

After 16 days of  Lupron, 10 days of Follistim and 1 trigger shot of Ovidrel, I am done with shots! (That's 27 days of shots in a row but who's counting?) These shots are far less painful than the injectable medication so really I'm not complaining. I'm just hoping that I get to continue to take them in my stomach in two weeks because that would mean I became pregnant. :)


                                          

Here's an ultrasound of my follicles that contain my eggs!
                                                            

                                                            
Lupron for suppression
                                                    
Trigger shot to make the eggs drop
There's that darn pen! Better late than never I guess.

                                             
That's a lot of needles but baby you're worth it!
I've gotten mixed opinions about why I am losing my babies. One doctor said I needed Lovenox shots for my blood clotting disorder the next time I'm pregnant. Another said I needed Lovenox shots plus aspirin. My other two doctors seem to think there is something else going on entirely (yet they don't exactly know what that is) and I don't need shots or aspirin. Well my thoughts are give me whatever you can to prevent another loss, whether I need it or not. So we are going to beg someone to prescribe the shots if I do become pregnant this round. I just can't imagine not doing it and then risking another loss. If I take the shots and still lose my baby, then I'll know I did all I could do.  

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you for peace of mind. More Shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I'm glad you got your pics working!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! You are a good teacher. :) Now if I can just figure out how to download from my phone?

    ReplyDelete