Sunday, July 31, 2011

Not so happy birthday

Saturday, July 30th, would have been our second baby's 2nd birthday. Ordinarily I can handle it but not when we've just experienced the week we have. Our first baby's due date birthday was December 9th so we had ornaments printed with Grant and Caleb and we hang them on our Christmas tree on his day. On Caleb's due date birthday we do a balloon release for both of them. Although both rituals are therapeutic and help us remember them in a small way, I wasn't sure if I was up for it this year. But sad or not, I owe it to my baby. It would've been a wonderful day for a real birthday party.

We always go to an overlook in Rhea county to release them. It's beautiful and not too far from our house. I wrote both boys' names on them and a message to each one. I also write the dates of how long they were here with us.



So we let them go at the same time. At first they both floated over to the side with the overlook but then the wind picked up and took one of them by a bunch of trees. Then it got caught in the tree. OK so I know that the balloons obviously don't make it to Heaven to my precious babies but can't I pretend? Seeing that balloon stuck in a tree made the whole process a failure. Just like the entire week. Can't one thing go right this week?
This was how it was supposed to go.......
It stayed there until we left. It probably popped right there. Well what else is new, right?

1 comment:

  1. I hate that it didn't go right ... I love your rituals. Wish we had thought of doing something similiar for David-Deidra.

    ReplyDelete