Friday, July 6, 2012

A Dozen Krispy Kremes

I woke up at 5:30 this morning to check my phone to make sure I didn't miss a call about our fertilization report. Nope. We go to get a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts because the sign was on (and yes we eat the entire dozen between the two of us), still no call. We drive home and it's around 4:30 and the clinic closes at 5:00 so I called and left a message. They called me back within 10 minutes with a report of 12 out of 13 eggs were fertilized! For two people who can't make babies inside of me work, we sure are good at fertilizing these eggs.

We talked about wanting to know the grade. If they are good, we'll do 2. If they are so-so, we'd like to do 3. The nurse said it was totally up to us although the doctor will probably try to talk us out of it one more time. She also said it was up to us if we'd like to do the 3 day transfer or the 5 day. We definately want to do the 3 day because they can't do assisted hatching on the blasts. Plus we want to freeze our others on day 3 because when they've let our 11 other embryos grow to day 5, only 1 has made it to freeze. She said they will call us tomorrow with the cell-count report and we would be able to determine which way we want to go. 12 embryos. I knew there was a reason we ate 12 donuts this morning. ;)

5 comments:

  1. Yay!! Sending your embies prayers! Will they let you freeze on day 3? They never would let me, they said they don't freeze until day 5 because it is not economical. They don't want to waste anyones money on freezing potentially bad embryos. That always upset me because none of our grade A embryos would make it to day 5 and I never got to freeze any. Let us know what happens! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes they said they will freeze on day 3. They said the same thing about how if they don't make it to blast they probably aren't good quality. But out of 11 we've only gotten to freeze one so I really want to have some to put with that one. It's probably dumb but I hear about poor quality embies that make beautiful babies so I feel it's worth a shot. How do you feel about me putting back 3? Do you think I'm a crazy person? Also I'd love to hear more about your journey? Were you guys successful?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right I don't remember but hen again I don't remember things people told me 5 minutes ago! I will put your email in my contacts. I'm so happy you have babies! Especially since my doctor made it possible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great! Contact me whenever. I deleted the above message just so randoms can't see my email address! ;)

    ReplyDelete