Wednesday, July 11, 2012

My odds just went down (imho)

The nurse called this morning with my frozen embryo report. Zero. Out of the nine embies growing none of them made it to blast. I told her that didn't give me much hope for the 3 inside me right now and she said one really didn't have much to do with the other. She said they put the best 3 back so not to get too discouraged. I know she's right but I am discouraged. Out of 20 embryos, we've had one make it to freeze. And these are just the ones they've let grow to day 5, I'm not counting the embryos they've put inside me, which now has been 7. That's 27 embryos altogether. :( To me that sounds like your embryo quality is crap. Especially since the 4 best ones they've put back in my two previous cycles haven't worked. After the second failed IVF, I asked if we needed to move on to donor embryos and the doctor said that that was more for 40-year-olds. But now I'm thinking maybe that is what needs to happen. I'm not saying I can't get pregnant with one of the three they transferred. It may very well happen. But I'm just saying if we can't get any more embryos to blast than one out of 20, the odds aren't good.

4 comments:

  1. Try not to worry about what you couldn't freeze. I know how you feel, that is what always happened to me too. Focus on the three that are in you. I thought you were going to freeze on day three though? Was it because you had 9 left? Have you ever tried taking metformin? I know it's not the answer for everyone, but that is what finally made my embryo quality better I guess. It was our last resort and Dr. A said it can possibly make your egg quality better if that in fact is the problem. Well, hopefully you won't even have to think about that! I have a good feeling and will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We wanted to freeze on day 3 (and I know they do because one of my friends did) but they wanted to let them grow. :( At the time we didn't push it because we were just so happy they let us put three back. No I haven't tried

    ReplyDelete
  3. Metformin because I thought it was for people with PCOS. What's almost more frustrating than having stuff wrong it having nothing wrong and it still doesn't work. I'm not goons count my eggs before they're hatched though!

    ReplyDelete